Information on Sending in Samples
- Please note that FRAT® requires a physician’s authorization and results are sent ONLY to physicians. Please consult with your medical professional before you order a FRAT® kit.
- If you are a patient, please consult your physician prior to submitting any sample for testing.
Sending in Samples
If you do not require a FRAT® kit and would like to submit a sample, listed below are our Blood Sample Collection and Shipping Instructions:
Blood Sample Collection and Shipping
- Acceptable samples are whole blood and serum.
- Draw 2–4 ml of blood into a red-top tube or SST tube (serum). Please note that the FRAT® kit contains SST tubes.
- If feasible: Remove red cells by centrifugation, transfer serum/plasma to clean tube and refrigerate (4°C) or freeze (-20°C) until time of shipping.
- If whole blood must be sent, collect into red top tube and ship the same day. Do NOT freeze whole blood.
- Ship stored serum/plasma with freezer packs. Ship whole blood at ambient temperature. If overnight shipment of serum/plasma is not possible or a lengthy transit time is anticipated, shipment with dry ice is recommended. Do NOT ship whole blood with dry ice.
- Ship all tubes as PRIORITY OVERNIGHT using FedEx or UPS for delivery weekdays. No weekend or holiday deliveries will be accepted.
- Minimum volume of serum or plasma acceptable is 1 ml (2 ml for whole blood).
- Please make sure that each sample is properly and securely labeled, including name (or ID) and date.
- Complete and include our FRAT® Laboratory Test Form with your shipment
- Please ship to:
5110 Campus Drive, Suite 120
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462 USA
If your sample is ready to be shipped, please remember to include the FRAT® Laboratory Test Form with your shipment.
PLEASE SHIP ALL SAMPLES OVERNIGHT.